Food For Thought, based in Honor, Michigan (near Traverse City), produces an amazing variety of preserves, salsas and more using the finest locally-grown, USDA-certified organic, fair trade certified and even wild harvested ingredients. Not only are they good for the environment and the growers, they taste incredible! And scroll down to see a segment about Food For Thought’s Cherry Atento Salsa from Unwrapped on the Food Network!
After spending years in Central America doing humanitarian relief work, company founder Timothy Fitzgerald Young, sought to create sustainable foods. Their facility, located in the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore area, is a green building with its own organic farm. Their annual Green Cuisine event, featuring local food and beverage artisans, is a “zero-waste” event. Attracting over 1,000 visitors, the event generates about 7 oz. of waste that is not recyclable, reusable or compostable!
Puttin’ On The Glitz is proud to bring you great products from Food For Thought. Stop in to see our in-store display and sample an assortment of their preserves, salsas and other offerings daily, including:
- Wild Michigan Autumn Berry Preserves (contains 17 times the lycopene of tomatoes!)
- Organic Wild Blueberry Merlot Preserves
- Organic Michigan Cherry Caberet Preserves
- Organic Apricot Chardonnay Preserves
- Organic Righteous Chipotle Hot Sauce and Righteous Cherry Habañero Hot Sauce
- Organic No Sugar Added Michigan Apple Preserves
- Organic Michigan Pear Preserves
- Organic Michigan Strawberry Basil Preserves
- Organic Cherry Atento Salsa (as seen on Food Network’s Unwrapped)
- ..and much more! Some items are seasonal, depending on fruit availability, so stocks will vary throughout the year.
Check out more Food For Thought videos on their YouTube channel!